Stop Pay Processing
Stop Payment Authorization
The State Treasurer's Office allows authorized state agency personnel to request a stop payment on a warrant or a voucher that has not been paid.
- The "Stop Payment Authorization Form" is used to designate specific agency personnel who will be entitled to initiate a stop payment request.
- This form must be completed, approved and signed by the agency's Chief Financial Officer before it can be accepted by the State Treasurer's Office.
- This form must be completed before a stop payment can be placed by the Treasurer’s Office.
- It is the responsibility of each state agency to update this form whenever there is a personnel change for this function.
- Once the form is complete it may be mailed to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
Stop Payment Requests
The State Treasurer's Office processes requests for stop payment on warrants or vouchers that have not been paid on behalf of state agencies.
- A stop payment cannot be placed on an item if there is not an issue record on file with the State Treasurer's Office.
- To initiate a stop payment request, authorized agency personnel will need to complete the "Stop Payment Request Form". Include the agency's mailing address, email and fax number.
- Fax the completed form to 405-522-4508 or 405-521-4176.
- When the stop payment has been completed, the State Treasurer's Office will fax or email the Stop Payment Request form back to the agency. The status of the transaction will be indicated on the form.
Note: Cutoff time for stop payment requests for current business day posting is 4:30 PM.