INVENTORS ASSISTANCE SERVICE
What is the Inventors Assistance Service?
OCAST’s Inventors Assistance Service (IAS) helps inventors in Oklahoma move their ideas into the marketplace through education, information and referrals. Located at Oklahoma State University and managed for OCAST through the university’s New Product Development Center (NPDC), the IAS provides workshops and individual training on the patent process and intellectual property protection.
Why Inventors Assistance Service?
- Provides a unique inventor’s checklist that guides individuals through the maze of activities required to take their product to the marketplace
- Specialized seminars and workshops, including sessions on how to search patent material; how to write a provisional application for patent; how to research an invention’s industry; and how to research and understand marketing data
- Provides information about the Oklahoma tax credits or exemptions for inventors
- Offers engineering and market analysis, prototype development, technical drawings and help developing a business plan
Who is Eligible to Apply?
- Oklahoma public or private colleges or universities
- Oklahoma resident individuals
- Non-profit research institutions
- Private enterprises with the principal place of business in Oklahoma
How to Apply?
Contact the IAS:
Inventors Assistance Service
1201 S. Innovation Way Dr.
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074
Toll-Free in Oklahoma: 877-577-7632
For more information on OCAST sponsored programs, please click here.