- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
NOTES OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capital
2300 North Lincoln Blvd. Suite 175 Room 412A
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: 10AM November 10, 2011
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call - Board members Parks, Phenix, Temple, and Walding were present: Board members Dugger and Pickard were absent
2. Approval of minutes of the November 13, 2011 meeting - Approve
3. Matters requiring Administrative Hearing
A. Discussion, and possible action on administrative hearing concerning complaints 09-66, 012-02 Board v. Brown Christian Funeral Home and Ricky A. Brown, Funeral Director in Charge for alleged violations of 59 O.S. § 396.12c (2),(3),(12),(13) and OAC 235:10-7-2 (2)(14).
B. Vote on possible executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp 1998, Subsection 307 (B) (8) to engage in deliberations or rendering a final or intermediate decision in an individual proceeding pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act regarding complaints 09-66, 012-02, Board v. Brown Christian Funeral Home and Ricky A. Brown, Funeral Director in Charge.
C. Possible action to be taken as a result of the executive session regarding complaints 09-66, 12-02, Board v. Brown Christian Funeral Home and Ricky A. Brown, Funeral Director in Charge. -
**Regarding complaint 09-66 Ricky Brown was found guilty of 59 O.S. § 396.12c (2),(3),(12),(13) and OAC 235:10-7-2 (2)(14) he was assessed an administrative penalty of $1,250 plus costs due by September 10, 2012.
**Regarding complaint 12-02 Ricky Brown was found guilty of 59 O.S. § 396.12c (3),(12) and OAC 235:10-7-2 (14) he was assessed an administrative penalty of $1,250 plus cost due by September 10, 2012. If Grady County probation is completed the administrative penalty and costs will be waived.
4. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original) - approved
1. Joseph Klootwyk, Midwest City, Fallon Mortuary and Cremation Service, Oklahoma City
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension) - all approved
1. Katelyn Pierce, Oklahoma City, Bill Eisenhour NE, Oklahoma City (UCO)
2. Aaron Downing, Oklahoma City, Mercer-Adams, Bethany (UCO)
C. Funeral Director/Embalmer (original) - numbers 2 through 5 were Approved, number 1 was tabled.
1. William Stephens, Atoka (Need Law)
2. Juanita Herrera, Oklahoma City (Embalmer Only)
3. Kentrell Brown, Oklahoma City, (Funeral Director only)
4. Carol Cody, Lawton
5. Sonny McMahan-Hamill, Noble
D. Funeral Director (reciprocal) - numbers1 and 3 were tabled number 2 was approved.
1. Leeya Hicks, Oklahoma City, (Missouri) (need law)
2. George Salyer, Duncan, (Missouri & Texas)
3. Christie Winn, Muskogee (Texas) (need, Texas certification, law)
E. Crematory - approved
1. Matthews Funeral Home Crematory, Edmond, new crematory, Matthews Funeral Home, L.P., owner. Randall Matthews requests to serve as Funeral Director in Charge.
5. OFDA Report - Jay Baines spoke about the November 15, 2011 district meeting in OKC and the December 1, 2011 district meeting in Sapulpa.
6. Legal Update - Bill O’Brien updated the Board on the Schumacher cases
7. New Business - No new business
8. Discussion and possible action on FY13 budget projections - Staff updated the Board on FY 13 budget projections
9. Discussion and possible action on rental space that houses the Oklahoma Funeral Board office. - Board directed the staff to look into other office spaces to house the Oklahoma Funeral Board and report back to them
10. Discussion and possible action on FY12 rules. - The Board had a lengthy discussion on changes to FY 12 Rules.
11. Discussion and possible action regarding legislation for 2012. - The Board had a lengthy discussion on changes to 2012 legislation.
12. Discussion and possible action on adoption of meeting dates for 2012 - The Board did approve the meeting dated for 2012. Please see the meeting schedule on the Board’s web page under Agenda, Notes, and Minutes.
13. Deputy Director’s Report - Chris Ferguson spoke about the changes in the administration at the ME office and how the ME Board plans to address legislation during the 2012 legislation year. He also spoke about the recent AG opinion requested by Rep. McCaffrey and how that may change the out-of-state permit process. Please see the Board’s web page under news for more information.
14. Executive Director’s Report - Mark Riley spoke about the Board staff’s precipitation at the OFDA district meetings, he also updated the Board on the 2012 funeral home renewals that have come into the office so far and the increased inspections by Board staff.
15. Adjournment - 1:30 p.m.