- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capital
2300 North Lincoln Blvd. Room 412C
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: 10AM July 14, 2011
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call - Parks, Phenix, Pickard, Temple, and Walding were present.
2. Approval of minutes of the June 2011 meeting - Approved
3. Matters requiring Administrative Hearing - Continuance was granted.
A. Discussion, and possible action on administrative hearing concerning complaint 09-59, Board v. Brown’s Funeral Parlor LLC,
Luther and Jennifer Bailey Funeral Director in Charge for alleged violations of OAC
B. Vote on possible executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp 1998, Subsection 307 (B) (8) to engage in deliberations or rendering a final or intermediate decision in an individual proceeding pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act Board v. Brown’s Funeral Parlor LLC, Luther and Jennifer Bailey Funeral Director in Charge.
C. Possible action to be taken as a result of the executive session regarding Board v. Brown’s Funeral Parlor LLC, Luther and Jennifer Bailey Funeral Director in Charge.
4. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original) - All approved
1. Therese Goodwin, Edmond, Brown-Dugger FH, Perry
2. Eric Kroier, Norman, Primrose FS, Norman
3. Brandan Welsh, Beggs, Green Hill FH, Sapulpa
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension) - All approved
1. Adam Scott, Norman, John M. Ireland FH, Moore
2. Maura Edwards, Edmond, Mercer-Adams FS, Bethany
C. Funeral Director/Embalmer (original) - # 1,2,& 4 approved, #3 was tabled.
1. Coby Creason, Beggs, (Funeral Director Only)
2. Matthew Ainsworth, Lawton
3. Lynne Moore, Tulsa (Need Law)
4. Ronnie Dighton, Tulsa
D. Establishments - #1-10 and 12 approved, # 11 tabled
1. Hampton Mortuary, Checotah, David Faulkner, FDIC requesting change of name to Checotah Funeral and Cremation Service.
2. Mallory-Martin-Fisher FH, Spiro change FDIC from Todd Martin to Blake Martin.
3. Agent FH, Inc., Sallisaw, Richard Agent, FDIC requesting to close establishment.
4. Agent FH, Inc., Muldrow Brian Mattingly, FDIC requesting to close establishment.
5. Agent FH, Inc. Roland, Richard Agent FDIC, requesting to close establishment.
6. Agent FS, Sallisaw, new establishment, Todd Martin request to be FDIC of Sallisaw, Sallisaw, & Muldrow, Agent FS, Inc. owner.
7. Agent FS, Muldrow, new establishment, Todd Martin request to be FDIC of Sallisaw, Sallisaw, & Muldrow, Agent FS, Inc. owner.
8. Wright FH, Coweta, James Brown FDIC requests change of name to Wright-Brown FH.
9. Davis Family FH & Cremation Options, LLC Dewey, new establishment, Carter Davis request to be FDIC, Davis Family FH & Cremation Options, LLC owner.
10. Goodwin FH, Cherokee request to change FDIC from Charles Burlison to Gary Morrison.
11. Blandon Westside Mortuary, Idabel, request to change FDIC.
12. Mobley-Dodson FH, Sand Springs, request to change FDIC from Jim Groesbeck to Ricky Slankard.
E. Crematory - approved
1. Alexander – Gray Crematory, Ringling, new crematory, Zane Gray Inc, Zane Gray FDIC.
5. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
11-26 Solicitation - Dismissed with a letter of concern
11-27 Failure to file Death Certificates in a timely manner - Found probable cause
6. OFDA Report - No Report
7. Legal Update - AAG Bill O’Brien reported that there has been no action on the appeal of the final order on complaint 09-39.
8. New Business – Mallory Funeral Home of Keota requesting change of FDIC from Todd Martin to Blake Martin - Approved
9. Deputy Director’s Report - Chris Ferguson spoke about the interim study on prepaid funeral trust audit costs being done by Rep. Mike Sanders R- Kingfisher and Rep. Dan Kirby R-Tulsa as well as the outstanding balances from funeral homes for permits at the OCME.
10. Executive Director’s Report - Mark Riley spoke of the approval for a convenience fee for online license renewal for funeral directors and embalmers.
11. Election of officers for FY12 - Parks President, Phenix vice president
12. Meeting dates for the remainder of the year. – No action
13. Licensure Inquires
A. Continuing Education Petition from Western Oklahoma Funeral Directors - Approved to make changes when Rules are addressed.
14. Proposed statutes:
A. Tiered licensing, FD EM - Staff will study and report back to Board
B. Cemetery regulation - No action
15. Proposed Rules:
A. Update Prohibited Acts - Approved to make changes when Rules are addressed.
16. Long range plans:
A. Board Member Training - Staff will study and report back to Board
B. Budget - No action
17. Discussion and possible action on the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining, or resignation of the executive director, deputy director, inspector, or secretary.
18. Vote on possible executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp 1998, Subsection 307 (B) (1) Discussing the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining or resignation of the executive director, deputy director, inspector, or secretary.
19. Possible action to be taken as a result of the executive session concerning the employment, hiring, appointment, promotion, demotion, disciplining or resignation of the executive director, deputy director, inspector, or secretary. - No action
20. Adjournment - 11:15am