- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
4545 N. Lincoln Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
NOTESS OF SPECIAL MEETING
MEETING PLACE: 4545 North Lincoln Boulevard, Room 284
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: 10AM February 17, 2011
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call – Parks, Pickard, Temple, and Walding were present. Dugger and Phenix were absent.
2. Approval of minutes from the January 13, 2011 meeting. - Approved
3. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action.
A. Apprenticeship (original) – All Approved
1. Wesley Farris, Yukon, Vondel L. Smith & Son FH, OKC
2. Mallory Emerson, Midwest City, Ford Funeral Service, Midwest City.
3. Krista Burns, Ardmore, Harvey-Douglas FH, Ardmore
4. William Welsh, Owasso, Greenhill FH, Inc., Sapulpa
5. Chris Bartenhagen, Edmond, Oklahoma Mortuary and Limousine Service, LLC, Oklahoma City
6. Gerald Bowen, Sapulpa, Heath-Griffith FH, Tulsa
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension) - Approved
1. Kentrell Brown, Oklahoma City, Mercer-Adams Funeral Service, Bethany. (UCO)
C. Apprenticeship (3rd extension) - Approved
1. Amanda Kendrick, Pawhuska, McCartney’s Johnson FH, Pawhuska. (UCO)
D. Establishments – All Approved
1. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Grove request change of FDIC from Brian Nichols to Essie Smith requesting to be FDIC of multiple establishments. (Jay, Langley)
2. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Jay request change of FDIC from Brian Nichols to Essie Smith requesting to be FDIC of multiple establishments. (Grove, Langley)
3. Grand Lake Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Langley request change of FDIC from Brian Nichols to Essie Smith requesting to be FDIC of multiple establishments. (Jay, Grove)
4. Stumpff Funeral Home – Barnsdall, Gorden E. “Ed” House, requesting to close establishment.
5. Stumpff Barnsdall Funeral Home, Barnsdall, new establishment, The Stumpff Corporation, Gordon E. “Ed” House requesting to serve as FDIC of multiple locations (Bartlesville, Nowata).
6. Goodwin FH, Cherokee, request change of FDIC from Sara Nichols to Charles Burlison.
7. Myatt FH, Buffalo, Michael Myatt FDIC request to close establishment.
8. Myatt-Buffalo FH, Buffalo, New establishment, Schilling Funeral Home Group, LLC, Scotty Schilling requesting to be FDIC of multiple locations (Laverne, Beaver).
9. Myatt FH, Laverne, Michael Myatt FDIC request to close establishment.
10. Myatt-Laverne FH, Laverne, New establishment, Schilling Funeral Home Group, LLC, Scotty Schilling requesting to be FDIC of multiple locations (Buffalo, Beaver).
11. Michael’s FH - Bristow, Bristow,new establishment, Michael’s Funeral Home, Inc., Michael Davis requesting to be FDIC of multiple locations. (Drumright)
12. Sittler-Hallford Funeral Home, Tulsa, Hallford Cremation & Funeral Options, LLC, Jon Michael Hallford requesting to be FDIC of multiple locations. (Tulsa) (Need Occupancy, Multiple FDIC Letter)
E. Burial Association – All Approved
1. Arnold Moore Burial Association, Bartlesville, Luginbuel Funeral Home, Inc. request transfer to Vinita Burial Association
2. Bluestem Burial Association, Dewey, Luginbuel Funeral Home, Inc. request transfer to Vinita Burial Association.
4. Review complaints with possible vote for probable cause or other action
11-18 Contract dispute - Dismissed
5. OFDA Report - Mr. Baines reported that OFDA district meeting are currently being set up for the coming year. The annual convention will be in Tulsa at the Hard Rock Café Hotel and will be held April 4,5,&6. OFDA will offer nine hours of CE during this time.
6. Legal Update – AAG Bill O’Brien reported updates on Brown hearing and Schumacher appeals.
7. Vote on possible executive session pursuant to 25 O.S. Supp 1998, Subsection 307 (B) (4) Confidential communications between a public body and its attorney concerning a pending investigation, claim, or action if the public body, with the advice of its attorney, determines that disclosure will seriously impair the ability of the public body to process the claim or conduct a pending investigation, litigation, or proceeding in the public interest; to engage in deliberations or rendering a final or intermediate decision in an individual proceeding pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act regarding Integrity Funeral Home, Jimmy Spurlock, and Robert Owens case.
8. Possible action to be taken as a result of the executive session regarding Integrity Funeral Home, Jimmy Spurlock, and Robert Owens case. - No Action Taken
9. Deputy Director Report – Mr. Ferguson Introduced Insurance Commissioner John Doak to the Oklahoma Funeral Board.
10. Executive Directors Report – Mr. Riley reported a recent uptick in complaints.
11. Adjournment – 10:38 AM