- For the Consumer
- License Verification
- Board Info
- Rules and Statutes
- Forms & Renewals
- For the Licensee
OKLAHOMA FUNERAL BOARD
3700 North Classen Blvd, Suite 175
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118
NOTICE OF REGULAR MEETING
MEETING PLACE: Oklahoma State Capitol
2300 North Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73105
DATE & TIME: January 12, 2017 10:00 A.M.
*** This symbol denotes the application and/or applicant is not in compliance with 235:1-1-2 (c ) (14 day Rule)
A copy of this notice of meeting and agenda has been posted in a prominent location at the office of the Oklahoma Funeral Board, 3700 North Classen Blvd Suite 175, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, on January 11, 2017, at 9:15AM
A copy of this agenda is available on the Funeral Board website at
ORDER OF BUSINESS: The Board may discuss, vote to approve, vote to disapprove, vote to table, change the sequence of any agenda item, or decide not to discuss any item on the agenda.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of minutes of the December 8, 2016 Regular
3. Matters for consideration: Request for continuance
and/or Entry of Scheduling Order and/or potential
modification of a Scheduling Order.
At the conclusion of the parties’ presentation and any questions or public discussion by the Board, the Board may in each complaint case:
i. consider and vote on motion(s) to conduct executive session(s) pursuant to 25 O.S.2011, Section 307(B)(8) to engage in deliberations or rendering a final or intermediate decision in an individual proceeding pursuant to Article II of the Administrative Procedures Act;
ii. if an executive session is held, designate a person to keep written minutes of the executive session;
iii. consider and vote on motion(s) to exit executive session and return to open meeting; and
iv. consider and vote on motion(s) regarding possible action to be taken regarding matter discussed in executive session.
3A. Complaint 17-16 Board v. John M. Ireland Funeral Home & Chapel, Moore, J. Shamrock Investments, Inc. Moore, & Solon Daniels, Funeral Director in Charge. Member Highberger will need to be recused.
3B. Complaint 16-20 Board v. Heritage Funeral Home & Cremation Service, LLC, OKC, Heritage Funeral Home & Cremation Service, LLC, OKC & Christopher J. Harrison, Funeral Director in Charge. Member Highberger will need to be recused.
4. Vote to affirm or disaffirm the issuance of the following licenses, registrations, certificates, dissolution or other action
A. Apprenticeship (original)
1. Randall L. Dalrymple, Yukon, Mercer-Adams,
2. Monica E. Zyzak, OKC, Smith & Kernke, OKC
B. Apprenticeship (1st extension)
1. Tyler Harrell, Sallisaw, Forever Memory FH,
***2. Travis R. Downey, Stillwater, Poteet FH,
Pawnee (enrolled at UCO)
C. Apprenticeship (2nd extension)
1. Lane Pilkington, Sapulpa, Schaudt’s FH, Glenpool
(enrolled at UCO)
D. Funeral Director and/or Embalmer (reciprocal)
1. Jeffrey Hicks, Springfield, Missouri
1. Green Hill FH, Sapulpa, Judith Manley request to
2. Green Hill FH, Sapulpa, New Establishment,
Tom Dugan proposed FDIC, Green Hill Funeral
3. Green Hill FH, Owasso, Judith Manley request to
4. Green Hill FH, Owasso, New Establishment,
Tom Dugan proposed FDIC, Green Hill
Funeral Service, Inc. (Tom Dugan
requesting to be multiple FDIC of Sapulpa &
5. Fails Funeral Home, Mangum, Craig Fails
request to close Establishment
6. Brown-Cummings Funeral Home, Enid
Cremation Service, Enid request to change FDIC
from Joseph Cummings to Shaun Cummings
7. American Funeral Services, Colbert, request to
change FDIC from Bobby Stevens to Robert
8. Sanders Funeral Services, Kingfisher, Dell
Sanders request to close establishment.
9. Sanders Funeral Service, Kingfisher, New
Establishment, Sanders Funeral Service, LLC,
owner, Chad Sanders request to be FDIC.
10. Brown’s Family Funeral Home, McCloud, New
Establishment, Brown’s Family Funeral Home,
LLC, owner, Brianna Graves request to be FDIC
11. Schaudt-Teel Funeral Service & Cremation
Care, Tulsa, Daniel Schaudt request to
12. Schaudt’s Tulsa Funeral Service & Cremation
Care, Tulsa, New Establishment, Schaudt’s
Glenpool Funeral Service, Inc. Owner, Daniel
Schaudt proposed FDIC
13. Ray & Martha’s FH, Mountain View, request to
change FDIC from Ray Hackney to Mollie King
14. Ray & Martha’s Funeral Home, Anadarko,
request to change FDIC from Ray Hackney
to Williams Jenkins.
15. Ray & Martha’s FH, Carnegie, request to
change FDIC from Ray Hackney to Mollie
King (Mollie King also requesting to be
FDIC of Mountain View & Carnegie)
16. Guardian Funeral Homes West Chapel, OKC
request to change FDIC from Diann Simon to
17. Advantage Funeral & Cremation Service- South
Chapel, OKC request to change FDIC from Debra
Buelow-Wilkerson to John Davenport
***18. Ford Funeral Service, Midwest City, request to
change FDIC from Kentrell Brown to James
1. Oklahoma Mortuary Service, OKC request to
change FDIC from John Astle to Toni Blake.
2. Care Center Crematory, OKC request to change
name from Care Center Crematory to Bill Eisenhour
***3. Middel Cremation Service, Midwest City request
to change FDIC from Kentrell Brown to James
5. New Business. Any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting the agenda or any revised agenda. 25 O.S. Section 311.9.
6. Executive Director’s Report
A. Agency Financial update
B. 2017 Legislation update
The next regular meeting of the Oklahoma Funeral Board will be held: Thursday, February 9, 2017, at 10:00 a.m. Oklahoma State Capitol, Room 511A, 2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.