The State Comptroller directs the daily operations of the division of Central Accounting and Reporting (CAR), which is responsible for establishing the policies and procedures for state financial transactions and for executing those transactions in accordance with the various state statutes, federal regulations, and governmental accounting and reporting standards.
- Central Accounting Unit: Maintains the state central accounting system to ensure budgetary and financial compliance with laws and regulations through general ledger accounting and maintenance, payroll accounting, tax accounting and reporting activities, including processing of general ledger transactions for revenues and expenditures, cash allocations, centralized payroll tax and withholding payments, maintenance of employee earnings records, and issuance of year end tax forms, such as W-2 and 1099M.
- Transaction Processing Unit: Performs audits and processes payments for the settlement of state expenditure claims and payrolls to ensure compliance with laws and regulations, custodian of expenditure documents and records, and maintains the state central vendor file.
- Financial Reporting Unit: Prepares the State of Oklahoma comprehensive annual financial report as required by state law for use in analysis and decision making by state management, creditors and others; maintains reporting information for all agencies, funds, and component units included in the state reporting entity; and prepares the annual schedule of expenditures of federal awards.
- Agency Business Services: Provides shared services for various state agencies via contract to streamline and provide more efficient and effective back office finance functions, including budgeting, accounts payable and reporting. OMES also provides shared services for procurement, human resources and payroll functions.
- Gaming Compliance Unit: Created as a part of the State-Tribal Gaming Act, this unit has the authority to carry out the state’s oversight responsibilities under the tribal gaming compact.
State of Oklahoma - A Report to Our Citizens
Annual Financial Report
Appendix 3: Chart of Accounts Revenue Codes
Appendix 4: OSF Object of Expenditure Code
Volume 28, FY-2018
Vol. 28, No. 11 - May 11, 2018 (opens in new window)
- Top Story
- Employee Education Assistance – Promissory Note
- State Controller
- Interagency Federal Pass-Through Relationships
- Federally Funded Agencies Only – Forum on Pension Contribution Issues
- Federally Funded Agencies – Pathfinder Contributions
- E-Verify – New Website
- Payroll Processing and Submission Requirements – Reminder
- Employee Name and Social Security Number Entries in HCM
- Payroll Stat Cancelled Warrants Not Eligible for Reissue
- W-2 Reporting of Employer-sponsored Group Health Insurance
- Payments After Date of Employee Death
- Accounts Payable
- OMES Form 20R - Points of Interest
- 'Non-Fiscal' Appropriation Lapsing
- Human Capital Management
- Human Resources and Payroll Professionals
- OKC Chapter American Payroll Association Monthly Lunch & Learn Chapter Meetings
- ayroll Law 2018
- OKC American Payroll Association Monthly Lunch & Learn Chapter Meetings
HB 2363 (Voluntary Buyout) Information