Hard Cancel Processing
The State Treasurer's Office allows authorized state agency personnel to request a hard cancel on a warrant or a voucher that has not been paid and the agency has the original item in hand.
- The "Stop Payment Authorization Form" is used to designate specific agency personnel who will be entitled to initiate a hard cancel request.
- This form must be completed, approved and signed by the agency's Chief Financial Officer before it can be accepted by the State Treasurer's Office.
- This form must be completed before a hard cancel can be placed by the Treasurer’s Office.
- It is the responsibility of each state agency to update this form whenever there is a personnel change for this function.
- Once the form is complete it may be mailed to the address listed at the bottom of the form.
Hard Cancel Requests
The State Treasurer's Office processes requests for hard cancels on warrants or vouchers that have not been paid and the state agency has the original item in hand.
- A hard cancel cannot be placed by the Treasurer’s Office if it was issued on a payroll account. For example, 7925XXX or 8905XXX. Hard cancels for these accounts must be placed through the Office of Management and Enterprise Services. Please call 405-522-6187.
- To initiate a hard cancel request, authorized agency personnel will need to complete the "Hard Cancel Request Form". Include the agency's name agency number, fax number and phone number.
- When the hard cancel form has been completed, mail for to the address listed on the bottom of the form.