Get a Jump on a Healthier Lifestyle – Join a Fitness Center!
So you’ve made the big decision to join a fitness center. Well, now is your chance to reap the rewards of regular physical activity!
Regular physical activity helps build strong bones, muscles and joints. It aids in reducing the risk of developing many types of illnesses, and lowers your risk for heart disease and stroke.
It helps psychologically as well by reducing the symptoms associated with anxiety and depression, improving your mood, and promoting a sense of well-being.
That is why HealthChoice contacted fitness centers throughout the State of Oklahoma to ask them to provide a special discount to HealthChoice members and dependents. All you have to do is present your HealthChoice identification card at any of the participating fitness centers to receive your special discounted rate. Use the link below to find a participating fitness center near you.
Fitness Center List
If your favorite center is not listed and you would like for us to contact them about possibly providing a discount, please call the Member Services at 1-405-717-8780 and toll-free 1-800-752-9475. TDD users call 1-405-949-2281 or toll-free 1-866-447-0436.
Be sure and consult your physician before starting a fitness program if you:
- Are middle-aged or older
- Have not been physically active for quite some time
- Have any type of medical condition that might need special medical attention (for example, insulin-dependent diabetes)
- Have muscle or joint problems
- Have pains or pressure in the left or mid-chest area, left neck, shoulder, or arm during or right after exercising
- Are taking medicine for high blood pressure, a heart condition, or a stroke
- Have developed chest pains or discomfort over the past month
- Feel breathless after mild exertion
- Tend to lose consciousness or fall due to dizziness
Source: American Heart Association at www.americanheart.org