Oklahoma's Teacher & Leader Effectiveness Commission works to implement details of the state's new Teacher and Leader Effectiveness (TLE) Evaluation System, and to provide oversight of the system.
According to state statute, Oklahoma's State Board of Education will adopt rules for the new system by December 15, 2011 based on recommendations from the Commission. The Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Commission will continue to provide oversight and advise the State Board of Education on the development and implementation of the TLE.
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Janet Barresi serves as chair of the Commission. Staff support for the Commission is provided by the State Department of Education and the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation.
Public meetings are scheduled monthly, and are held in the State Board of Education boardroom on the first floor of the Oliver Hodge Building.
Members of the Commission
- Ed Allen, Executive Director, American Federation of Teachers
- Dr. Keith Ballard, Superintendent, Tulsa Public Schools
- Dr. Don Betz, President, University of Central Oklahoma
- Representative Ed Cannaday, The Honorable Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Senator John Ford, The Honorable Oklahoma State Senate
- Susan Harris, Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Shawn Hime, Oklahoma State School Boards Association
- Joy Hofmeister, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, (Commission Chair)
- Jayne Huffman, Assistant Superintendent, Southern Technology Center
- Anna King, Former President, PTA
- Renee Launey-Rodolf, Executive Director, Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation
- Alicia Priest, Vice President, Oklahoma Education Association
- Ben Robinson, Stem Representative, USAF Retired
- Ginger Tinney, Executive Director, Professional Oklahoma Educators
Back to TLE Home