2013 TLE Commission Meetings
Oklahoma's Teacher & Leader Effectiveness Commission works to implement details of the state's new Teacher and Leader Effectiveness (TLE) Evaluation System, and to provide oversight of the system.
According to state statute (pdf), Oklahoma's State Board of Education will adopt rules for the new system by December 15, 2011 based on recommendations from the Commission. The Teacher and Leader Effectiveness Commission will continue to provide oversight and advise the State Board of Education on the development and implementation of the TLE.
State Superintendent of Public Instruction Janet Barresi serves as chair of the Commission. Staff support for the Commission is provided by the State Department of Education and the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation.
Public meetings are scheduled monthly, and are held in the State Board of Education boardroom on the first floor of the Oliver Hodge Building.
Members of the Commission
- Ed Allen, Executive Director, American Federation of Teachers
- Dr. Keith Ballard, Superintendent, Tulsa Public Schools
- Dr. Janet Barresi, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, State Department of Education
- Dr. Don Betz, President, University of Central Oklahoma
- Representative Ed Cannaday, The Honorable Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Senator John Ford, The Honorable Oklahoma State Senate
- Anna King, President, PTA
- Susan Harris, Tulsa Chamber of Commerce
- Mrs. Jayne Huffman, Assistant Superintendent, Southern Technology Center
- Renee Launey-Rodolf, Executive Director, Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation
- Senator Richard Lerblance, The Honorable Oklahoma State Senate
- Jeff Mills, Executive Director, Oklahoma State School Boards Association
- Ben Robinson, Stem Representative, USAF Retired
- Alicia Priest, Vice President, Oklahoma Education Association
- Robert Ross, President & CEO, INASMUCH Foundation
- Representative Earl Sears, The Honorable Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Dr. Robert Sommers, Secretary of Education, State of Oklahoma
- Ginger Tinney, Executive Director, Professional Oklahoma Educators
<< Back to TLE Home page