School Bus Driver Certification Classes* and Transportation Forms for Schools
Prior to enrolling in any of the classes, a new or current school bus driver should be hired by an Oklahoma school. Normally, the employing district's transportation director or superintendent will make arrangements for their school bus drivers to enroll in the appropriate certification class. The State Department of Public Safety requires school bus drivers to have a commercial driver license (CDL) with a passenger endorsement. Some of the classes will also be able to assist to in obtaining a CDL. If you need additional school bus driver qualification information, or how to contact a state certified instructor for school bus driver classes, you may call the Student Transportation Section of the State Department of Education at (405) 521-3472.
- Additional Commerical Driver License (CDL) Endorsement
- Commerical Driver License (CDL) Class
- Online School Bus Driver Classes - Ongoing As Needed, Call to Schedule Online Course, 19 Hours Plus 5 Hours On-the-Road Training
- Kiamichi Technology Center, Talihina Campus - (888) 567-6643 or (918) 567-2264 Instructor: Chris Stone
- Oklahoma Association for Pupil Transportation, Flexible - Kim Hamilton (405) 514-4606
- Wes Watkins Technology Center, Wetumka - (405) 452-5500 Instructor: Kevin Winn
- Professional Development Inservice Four (4) Hour Classes for School Bus Drivers
As of July 1, 2007, the State Department of Education regulations require Oklahoma certified school bus drivers to attend a minimum of four (4) hours of professional development inservice each year. Local districts, Career Techs, state agencies and professional associations may present classes from the SDE approved list of topics. A class may be presented for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, as desired. Attendance records must be kept by the employing school district.
- Standard School Bus Driver Certificate Course
Click Here for a List of School Bus Driver Certification Classes
* FOR POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL CLASSES: Call the nearest Career and Technology Center (Tech) or larger Public School (P.S.) Districts close to your area.
Forms & Documents
Oklahoma School Bus Drivers
Forms and Documents
Oklahoma School Bus Drivers Training Videos
Oklahoma School Buses
School Transportation Documents and Information
Links Outside the SDE
If you would like to subscribe to email updates regarding transportation please email the director your name, email address, and school.
For more information, contact Trent Gibson, Director of Student Transportation, SDE, (405) 521-3472.
For Capital Improvement-Annexations/Consolidations and School District Boundary Maps, please contact Vivian Baber at (405) 522-2232 or visit the Capital Improvement page for more information.