Posted by sde on Feb 14, 2012
The State Department of Education will hold a public hearing from 1 to 4 p.m. February 16, 2012, to hear public comment on draft rules and Rule Impact Statements for the following:
- Departmental Precepts: annexation, consolidation, dispensation, and severance determination
- Due Process: teacher evaluation, dismissal, and non-reemployment, teacher due process hearings, and hearing procedures
- School Administration and Instructional Services General Provisions: transfers, and special education and gifted education transfers
- Reading Sufficiency Act: alternative standardized reading assessment and the use of a student portfolio for good-cause promotion standards for mid-year promotion of retained third-graders
- Supplemental Online Course Procedures: general provisions, access, funding, school day, student eligibility, admissions and enrollment, grading scales, student information system, course withdrawal grace period, course completion, attendance, extracurricular and co-curricular activities, student assessments, progress reports, online course providers, funding and payment, and special education
- Transportation: District operation and management pertaining to diabetic drivers
The Oklahoma State Department of Education published a Notice of Rulemaking Intent (NRI) on Dec. 15, 2011, notifying the public of its intent to amend the above rules. The public hearing will end the public comment period on these rules. Copies of proposed draft rules and Rule Impact Statements are available here.
Interested parties and members of the public may present their views orally at the public hearing, which will be in the State Board Room at the State Department of Education, 2500 N Lincoln Blvd.
All public comment must be received by 4 p.m. Feb. 16, 2012. Send written submissions to the State Board of Education Office, 2500 N Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4599, or email@example.com.