(children ages 3 through 21)
Each Local Educational Agency (LEA) is required to submit Special Education data on students aged 3 through 21 years of age who receive special education and related services through an Individualized Education Program (IEP) to the Oklahoma State Department of Education-Special Education Services (OSDE-SES).
The data requested includes:
- Child Count - A count of students who are enrolled in the LEA and on an IEP as of October 1 of the fiscal year. In addition to federal reporting, this count is used in allocating State Aid for Special Education.
- Data/Annual Performance Report (APR)- Data regarding full-time equivalents (personnel), discipline, exits (e.g. graduation and dropouts), environments, as well as other important information about students with disabilities. The information collected covers the fiscal year (July 1st through June 30th).
State Performance Plan (SPP)
IDEA 2004 required the OSDE-SES to establish a performance plan that evaluates the state’s efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of Part B of IDEA 2004.
The plan was to be completed by December 2, 2005 and include:
- A six-year plan for an evaluation of the state's efforts to implement the requirements and purposes of Part B of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) to improve educational services for students with disabilities;
- Targets for each of the 20 indicators identified by the OSEP;
- Targets that are specific, measurable, achievable (yet challenging), relevant, and timely;
- Specific plans for improving performance on each indicator;
- A yearly report, to OSEP and to the public, reported in an Annual Performance Report (APR) of an indicator's progress and slippage; and
- An annual report to LEAs of their performance on the targets identified in the SPP.
Oklahoma's Part B 2005-12 State Performance Plan (SPP) Oklahoma's 2013 Part B State Performance Plan (SPP)
End of Year Data Report Webinar April 25, 2013 Handout
The APR is developed in accordance with the detailed procedures prescribed by the Secretary of the United States Department of Education.
Oklahoma's 2012 Part B Annual Performance Report (APR) Oklahoma's 2013 Part B Annual Performance Report (APR)
District Data Profile (DDP)
In order to comply with the requirement of providing LEAs their performance on the targets identified in the SPP, the OSDE-SES provides each LEA with a DDP annually.
District Data Profile FAQ Distric Data Profiles 2009-2010
Determinations are based on information provided in SPP, information obtained through monitoring visits and other public information, the OSEP determines annually if the State--
- Meets the requirements of IDEA
- Needs assistance
- Needs intervention
- Needs substantial intervention
Oklahoma's Part B 2009-2010 Determination Letter