REAC3H Network Regions
STEM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, but it is so much broader and deeper than just that! STEM is the enhanced instructional practices that light the way to a new future of science and math education and it begins at the elementary level.
To ensure Oklahoma students become inspired learners and prepared leaders who can solve the challenges of a world of emerging STEM careers. The Oklahoma State Department of Education STEM Team will provide leadership, support, and resources to allow for the design and implementation of effective STEM learning environments and prepare students to make informed decisions on STEM issues and careers.
The OSDE STEM Team designs all projects and activities around these three goals:
- Ensure all students have access to STEM education opportunities;
- Ensure all students have access to highly effective STEM educators; and
- Leverage the stakeholder resources and partnerships to strengthen the STEM education effort of each school.
To ensure our vision is realized, indicators of success are being developed to measure
- STEM Readiness of Graduates;
- STEM Access for all Students; and
- STEM Teacher Recruitment, Retention, and Expertise
- Jeff Downs, Executive Director of STEM, (405) 521-2107
- Tiffany Neill, Director of Science Education, (405) 522-3524
- Gary Hurst, Director of Professional Development Delivery Systems, (405) 522-5110
- Cheri Long, State Coordinator Agriculture in the Classroom, (405) 522-0638
- Levi Patrick, Director of Secondary Mathematics, (405) 522-3525
- Derrel Fincher, Director of Educational Learning Technologies, (405) 521-3994
- Jennifer Lamb, Director of Elementary Mathematics, (405) 522-3522
- Lori Boyd, Director of Advanced Placement & AVID, (405) 521-4288