Talihina Veterans Center
The Talihina Veterans Center was originally constructed as the Eastern Oklahoma Tuberculosis Sanatorium in 1921. The name was changed in 1972 to Oklahoma State Sanatorium. On July 1, 1975, the Sanatorium was transferred to the control of the War Veterans Commission to provide nursing care to Oklahoma veterans, both male and female.
The Oklahoma Veterans Center at Talihina, Oklahoma, is located approximately two miles northwest of Talihina on State Highway 63A. Largest in area of all the Centers, it is situated on a beautiful 600 acre site at the western edge of the mountainous Ouachita National Forest. The immediate Center grounds are adorned with huge native pine and oak trees, three fishing ponds, patios and other outdoor activity areas for the 175 nursing care patients including a 50 bed Special Needs Unit. A full time staff of Doctors, Registered Nurses, and other medical personnel assure the patients the highest quality of care.
For admission information, the applicant should communicate directly with the Admissions Office:
10014 SE. 1138th Ave./P.O. Box 1168
Talihina, Oklahoma 74571
Fax (918) 567-2950
Email the Admissions Office