Oklahoma, www.OK.gov
Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training - Home
spacer image
Skip Nav Skip to Search
Contact  |  Notifications  |  CLEET Calendar
spacer image
get adobe reader
email icon Email   |   print icon Print  
Retired Firearms Permit Application

Key Points to Remember:

  • There is no cost for the permit.
  • Permits cannot be issued prior to retirement.
  • You must have been employed or commissioned as a full-time or reserve peace officer prior to retirement, from an Oklahoma state, county, or municipal law enforcement agency, or a federal law enforcement agency.
  • The permit does not expire however eligibility to retain the permit will be reviewed every four (4) years through a state and national criminal record check by OSBI.
  • The permit is only valid when in the retired officer’s possession.
  • Financial statements, check stubs, etc. cannot be accepted as proof of retirement.
  • Return your application with the “Statement Form Verifying Retired Peace Officer Status” completed by the appropriate retirement agency. If you did not participate in a law enforcement retirement system, you must submit a letter from the appropriate law enforcement agency verifying the dates of employment or commissioning, and the reason you did not participate in a retirement system.
  • The application constitutes a sworn statement and must be notarized. Falsification of any portion of any CLEET application is a felony punishable by imprisonment in the Department of Corrections for a term of not less than two (2) years nor more than five (5) years, or by a fine not exceeding Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00), or by both such fine and imprisonment.
  • Applicants must submit updated address and telephone information within 30 days after the change to CLEET. 
  • If you have questions, please call the general number (405) 239-5121 and ask for the Retired Officer Permit Desk.


Return your application to:

2401 Egypt Road
Ada, Oklahoma 74820-0669

Download the Application package


Last updated/reviewed August 23, 2011


The Application package for Retired Peace Officer Firearms Permit  is a PDF file with the application, instructions and other necessary forms. 

Download the Application package