OK.gov General Manager
405.524.3468 Ext. 120
Ride4Cops Event Will Honor Many Fallen Police Officer Families Tomorrow, June 4th at 2pm
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK – June 3, 2010 - As a follow up to the media advisory sent yesterday, June 2, 2010, we would like to take the time to inform the media that the following groups and members of families of fallen police officers will be attending the Ride4Cops event tomorrow, June 4, 2010, at 2:00pm on the south plaza steps of the Oklahoma state capitol.
In addition to members of the Tulsa PD, Yukon PD, Oklahoma Highway Patrol, Blue Knights group, NIC Inc. CEO Harry Herington, DPS Commissioner Kevin Ward, members of the local OKCOPS chapter, and members of Oklahoma Interactive, other confirmed attendees include:
• Rick Van Krevelen will be riding in memory of his son, OHP Trooper Christopher Van Krevelen, killed in the line of duty on November 28, 2002.
• Nicole Coym will be attending in memory of Robbie Chase Whitebird, killed in the line of duty on July 26, 2009.
• Jerrianne Wilmotts and her 2 sons and grandchildren will be attending in memory of Les Eugene Wilmott. Sergeant Wilmott was killed in the line of duty on May 29, 2008.
• Family members of Marvin Williams will be attending. Captain Williams was killed in the line of duty on July 26, 2009.
• Family members of Adam Mehagan will be attending. Deputy Sheriff Mehagan was killed in the line of duty on December 2, 2009.
To learn more about these Oklahoma heroes, visit the Official Website of the Oklahoma Law Enforcement Memorial at http://www.oklemem.com/.
To view yesterday’s media advisory and get full details on the event, please click here.
Concerns of Police Survivors, Inc. provides resources to assist in the rebuilding of the lives of surviving families and affected co-workers of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty as determined by Federal criteria. Furthermore, C.O.P.S. provides training to law enforcement agencies on survivor victimization issues and educates the public of the need to support the law enforcement profession and its survivors. C.O.P.S is a 501(c)(3) corporation. For more information visit, http://www.ride4cops.com and http://www.nationalcops.org/.
OK.gov is the Official Web site of the state of Oklahoma and a collaborative effort between the Oklahoma Office of State Finance (OSF) and Oklahoma Interactive, LLC to help Oklahoma government entities Web-enable their information services. OSF is responsible for OK.gov. Oklahoma Interactive operates, maintains, and markets OK.gov and is part of eGovernment firm NIC’s (NASDAQ: EGOV) family of companies. Additional information is available at http://www.ok.gov.
NIC Inc. (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government portals, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help reduce costs and increase efficiencies for government agencies, citizens, and businesses across the country. NIC provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,000 federal, state, and local agencies that serve 97 million people in the United States. Additional information is available at http://www.nicusa.com.
- 30 -
Back To OK.gov's Press Releases | Site Index