State of Oklahoma Offers Easy, Online Way to Apply for Job Opportunities
http://www.OK.gov Provides Central Gateway to the More than 140 Classified Oklahoma Government Jobs Available
OKLAHOMA CITY – January 16, 2009 – The state of Oklahoma offers careers in almost every occupation with excellent pay and benefits, but best of all, they offer the ability to apply online any time, day or night at http://www.OK.gov.
The Office of Personnel Management’s (OPM) OKCAREERS, the state’s web-based employment application, testing, applicant tracking, and certification system, has been in operation for one year. It has assisted the state’s hiring process with upwards of 10,000 applications processed monthly and more than 2,636 hires since January 23, 2008.
Some of the features of OKCAREERS include:
• An online employment application that may be completed using any Internet browser 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
• A single online employment application can be copied into other listed vacancies, which enables applicants to easily apply for multiple jobs.
• Electronic submission of resumes, transcripts, certificates, veteran’s preference materials, and other applicant-related materials.
• Up-to-date listings of specific vacancies in state agencies for classified job titles. OPM lists these vacancies as soon as the requisition has been reviewed and approved.
• Alerts for interested applicants who can choose to be notified by email when selected job categories become vacant.
“The applicants love the ability to be notified of open positions via email and the ease of applying with just a few clicks,” states Cassandra Patmon, a Human Resources Specialist in the Applicant Services Division of the Office of Personnel Management.
Future plans call for including both unclassified and internal state job announcements in the system which will allow current State employees to enjoy the same benefits of an inclusive vacancy listing and expedient online application as outside applicants.
About the Office of Personnel Management