FM Library: forms, processes, rules & tools
FM Daily Rental
FM Monthly Lease
Alternative Fuels Program
Daily Rental Locations
Fleet Contracts & Services
Motor Vehicle Advisory Council (MVAC)
MONTHLY LEASE PROGRAM
Monthly Lease Rate Insurance Coverage Maintenance Fuel Tracking Lease vs. IRS rate Lease Request
Monthly Lease Rate
Monthly rate includes:
- replacement value of a vehicle
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- comprehensive and collision insurance with zero agency deductible
- and automatic vehicle location (GPS) technology
Monthly rate is based on:
- replacement value of a vehicle
- utilization - average miles driven per year is a key variable of the rate formula
- vehicle class and designation - maintenance cost differs by vehicle class i.e. tires are more expensive for pickups than for sedans; police vehicle tires and brakes are replaced more often than regular vehicles, etc
- Liability [See 51 O.S. § 154(A)] (provided by agency standard liability coverage through Risk Management): The total liability of the state . . . on claims within the scope of The Governmental Tort Claims Act, arising out of an accident or occurrence . . . shall not exceed:
- Twenty-five Thousand Dollars ($25,000) for any claim or to any claimant who has more than one claim for loss of property arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence;
- Except as otherwise provided in this paragraph, . . . to any claimant for a claim for any other loss arising out of a single act, accident, or occurrence. The limit of liability for the state . . . shall not exceed one Hundred Seventy-five Thousand Dollars ($175,000). . . .
- One Million Dollars ($1,000,000) for any number of claims arising out of a single occurrence or accident.
- FMD Vehicle Physical Damage (provided by Fleet Management through Risk Management): Coverage is provided by Fleet Management and included in vehicle lease rate with no deductible to the renting agency; however, repetitive loss caused by a driver may result in:
- separate charges back to the agency
- additional constraints on a driver imposed by the Risk Management Division
Comprehensive regular vehicle maintenance is included in the monthly rate. Any additional service caused by agency vehicle customization requirements or driver negligence are subject to separate charges (DCS-PROCESS-FM-G001).
The FMD lease rate does NOT include the cost of fuel. However, every FM-owned vehicle is provided a Fleet Card. Drivers must use Level 3 gas stations (DCS-PROCESS-FM-F001). Eligible fuel stations:
Every leased, FM-owned vehicle is equipped with a GPS device that reports vehicle performance and enables vehicle location when road assistance is requested.
Lease vs. Mileage Reimbursement
Feature coverage for vehicles used for State business:
||FMD Lease Cars*
||Personally Used Vehicles
|Vehicle Physical Damage Coverage
||Providing a driver complies with the conditions of the Driver Responsibility Certification (DCS-FORM-FM-015C).
|Liability insurance applies only to the extent the employee is in the scope of employment at the time of the accident; report accidents to the Risk Management Division.
|Vehicle Physical Damage (Comprehensive & Collision) coverage for accidents, theft, or natural disaster is not provided by the State for personal vehicles when the personal vehicle is used for state business. If a driver desires to have a personal vehicle covered for physical damage (Comprehensive & Collision), the driver will need to purchase this coverage from a private insurance provider.
|Fleet Management Division does not provide wrecker services for personal vehicles, even if used in the scope of employment.
In order to lease a vehicle from Fleet Management:
317 NE 31st Street (map)
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-4003
Phone: (405) 522-1204 Fax: (405) 525-2682
Monday-Friday 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM, excluding State holidays